Noob Questions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    Keymaster

So I am new to the castle defense RTS games like Clash of Kings and GOT Conquest. As a total noob this seems like a good place to ask some questions. Please excuse if they are common sense.

Currently Castle level 8

1. So basically as soon as my shield went down I started getting pummeled. See here: https://imgur.com/a/4e4I7
    Basically this dude was much more powerful and farmed me until Big Randy was able to come in and put him in his place. The questions is, how do I avoid getting strong armed like this?

2. Is there a way to teleport to people in my allegiance? Can I see coordinates someplace or do I need to ask them to provide them?

3. When should I start attacking others? Should I only attack people much lower in level, or is there a benefit to fighting harder foes?

4. How often should I be fighting other players, and how often should I be farming creatures and resources?

5. What should be my Maester Research priorities be?

6. How many farms and sawmills should I have at this level? Should I have maxed these out already? (I have about 5 or 6 of each)

Randy
    Keymaster

Hey Danny! Sorry for the late response, been super busy at work! <3 Please see answers in bold below!!

1. So basically as soon as my shield went down I started getting pummeled. See here: https://imgur.com/a/4e4I7
    Basically this dude was much more powerful and farmed me until Big Randy was able to come in and put him in his place. The questions is, how do I avoid getting strong armed like this?
    You need to join an active allegiance and teleport into their group area, or hive. When multiple allies are within sight of eachother, it is easy to send fast reinforcements. It also works as a scare tactic, you don’t want to attack a group of 10 people or they will roll over you!

2. Is there a way to teleport to people in my allegiance? Can I see coordinates someplace or do I need to ask them to provide them?
    You can teleport to your allegiance members in 1 of 2 ways. First, you can ask in chat and they can give their coordinates, or second, if your allegiance owns a seat of power you will be able to see the location on the main map. You can teleport using an advanced teleport item.

3. When should I start attacking others? Should I only attack people much lower in level, or is there a benefit to fighting harder foes?
    You can start attacking other players whenever you like. It is a good idea to have a full march of troops trained at the least, so if you can attack using 22000 troops, you want at least 22000 troops trained so you can attack at max power. I prefer to use my time attacking Monsters since they give great resources, building bricks and science research items. There is no benefit for attacking a higher level player, other than bragging rights, and higher level players might be storing more resources.

4. How often should I be fighting other players, and how often should I be farming creatures and resources?
    Personally I only fight players when they hit one of my allies, or when they have alot of resources. I spend the rest of my time training troops and farming creatures. Farming resources is also important, so use your energy to attack 6-7 monsters then send your troops to gather while you sleep.

5. What should be my Maester Research priorities be?
    You have to find a good balance between castle efficiency and combat statistics. You want things that will help you grow faster and for cheaper, but you also don’t want to be someone’s little bootycall. I would focus on your first 3 levels of Combat sciences, and then start focusing on base building and science related research to grow faster.

6. How many farms and sawmills should I have at this level? Should I have maxed these out already? (I have about 5 or 6 of each)
    For maximum castle efficiency you want to have 8 medic tents, 8 war tents, and 5 or 6 of each resource. You will want them leveled up so you grow as quickly as possible. However, since bricks and other key building materials are so hard to come by, you might decide to focus on upgrading your Keep and troops first, then when you slow down you can return to maximize your resource buildings.

If you have any other questions just let me know, thanks danno !

Midas
    Participant

Hi! This is my first post here but I am familiar with the game, lvl 17 keep and 2 mil power.
    For Q2:
    Teleporting near team mates is a very good way to get raided. You want to stay near your alliance’s Seat of Powers if you have them but teleport around 15-20 leagues away from them. If you can find a spot where you aren’t near teammates but can still benefit from region bonuses this is best. The reason you want to be far from teammates is that when a big player comes around they look for huddled houses so they can hit more than one to get the most efficiency out of their teleports. If they teleport near your ally and it takes 2 mins to march to you they probably won’t hit you because people who are pay to win do not want to spend the time it would take to get your resources.
    If you’re in an alliance that does not have a seat of power… well find a new one basically. It is very difficult to find active alliances that do not have seats of power as the game does not allow older kingdoms to have new players. Basically the simplest way to understand this is each kingdom has a maximum number of players and inactive players are not kicked from the kingdom. I’m in kingdom 7 and I would say atleast 75% is inactive. Look at the alliance leaderboard and join an alliance with some stars. Be active in your alliance. All alliances have a third party communication system, usually the Line App or Discord. No alliance will add you immediately to their channels as there are spies in this game but if you stay active in the in-game chat system a few days you will eventually be added. From their the alliance members will help you become better.
    I see that the admin said that hives are a good idea and I feel the need to elaborate on why it isn’t. Basically each alliance wants to have or already has multiple seats of power. Those seats of power need to be reinforced by atleast 10 people. Most of ours have around 12. If you have hives of 12 people (who are mostly at 1 million power or less) a pay to win player with say 6 million power can wipe all of them without breaking a sweat. Trust me I’ve been zeroed 5 or 6 times because I was hiving in the beginning. In other games it is a good idea because games like Mobile Strike have one or two seats of power in the whole kingdom. But not Game of Thrones. GoT forces your alliance to be spread out and have smaller, weaker hives if you choose to.

So without hives how are you able to keep troops safe? Reinforce your seats and gather resources. Pay to win players can wipe ten players without breaking a sweat because they are individuals. However if you are all reinforcing a seat those ten 1 million power players have now combined to a single 10 million power unit. This protects your troops. Your resources are available to be raided. This sucks but is inevitable. Resources don’t matter in this game, atleast not your unprotected resources. Every player has a specific amount of resources that can not be raided. This is enough rss to build your troops and upgrade most buildings at low levels.
    While you may lose rss to raiders you wont lose your troops and troops are the most important item in the game. After all no matter what action you do in the game its for troops. Upgrading your keep? its to get better troops. Gathering rss? its to train more troops. Troops. Troops. Troops. Keep them alive and you will grow to a point where you can’t be raided by big players.

If you are looking for the solution to being zeroed then stop playing this game. It is going to happen to everyone at some point. You need to be able to continue to build after if you want to last in this game. Its a war game and you will not win every battle. If you refuse to pay money you’re going to lose most battles unless you protect your troops above everything else.

Midas
    Participant

I forgot one thing with the comment above 🙁 .
    If you’re a player who does not want to spend money then you need to understand the importance of the gold you get. Assuming you aren’t buying any packs then the only thing you should spend gold on is energy. The events that give items such as bricks, scholar papers, pine wood etc, payout a lot more items for your energy than spending gold on them would be. The best energy boost is 700 gold. From 700 gold I can attack 6 or 7 creatures. These creatures would give me about 40 bricks each (yes this is different for each player but it is still worth it) because I hit level 17 creatures. 40 x 6 is 240. 240 bricks would cost me 2400 gold. So basically for 700 gold I got 2400 gold worth of items. Not to mention there are some creatures that will randomly give you hundreds of bricks. DO NOT USE THE GOLD TO BUY ENERGY JUST TO HIT NORMAL CREATURES. That would be the worst thing you can do with gold.

Randy
    Keymaster

Hi Midas, great input!

I agree that sometimes porting with your teammates can be a bad idea, it can mean easy pickings for power spenders. Especially hives of non-spenders. As you said, power players can roll right through and lose 50-60k troops to zero each little player without breaking a sweat.

I have also found alot of value in porting into a group, as it increases the march time it takes for an enemy to hit your base if they can’t port next to you. I have been zeroed 4 times so far, but I have also caught a zero in progress and been able to put on a shield after the first one or two attack hit, because the march time of my attacker was several minutes.

I definitely agree about not spending gold on energy to hit normal creatures, that is a huge waste. I’ll try spending some on the monster events though, sounds like it could be a good strategy!

Blaze
    Participant

How can you play this game without spending a fortune on it? I can’t even teleport anywhere because it cost money to buy the teleport

Randy
    Keymaster

You’re correct I spend $10-15 every month i am sure, I consider it an investment in my hobby lol. Pays for teleports and some hard to get building materials.

I don’t think there is actually a Base Builder game that is possible as 100% free to play, spending $5 will get you key teleports and speedups to save you a week of your life. That’s why they are so popular and so profitable I guess!

Thetis
    Participant

How do i get gotc rts mobile on discord? I click but it does nothing. Thanks

Danny
    Keymaster

It should be working now, Thetis. Please try again and let us know if the problem persists. Thanks!

Nasos_P
    Participant

How you got this gear of night watchers on your video??
    Helmet ,Armor and weapon??
    And can be in higher level??
    I saw all 3 of them was level 1

Randy
    Keymaster

Hi Nasos_P ! You can get the night watcher gear RIGHT NOW by killing monsters for the materials. you can upgrade the gear the same as any other armor set, but you will need the unique materials only dropped a month ago, and right now. They will drop the materials for a few days, then in another 4-6 weeks they will re-start the event.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.