Rally Strategy and Fundamentals for attacking Enemy Castles and against the Palace for the Throne Battle
Rally attacks are the most effective way to kill enemy troops, but also to kill your own troops if you do not send the correct units! If your enemy has 500,000 troops and you can only send a march of 95,000, you are probably going to lose by attacking them 1 vs 1.
Castle Rally Strategy Key Points:
- 1. If you send infantry to a castle rally, they will die. However, you need enough infantry to protect your damage dealers so that you can kill enemy troops. The goal here is to have at least 50,000x Shield Infantry or more in the entire rally to absorb damage from the enemy troops.
- 2. If every member (10 members for the sake of this example) sends 5,000 Shield infantry, you will have 50,000 infantry in your rally. This will reduce the number of troop losses from any one player, instead of one person losing 50,000 infantry, 10 people will each lose 5,000 and SHARE THE LOSS SO YOU MAY CONTINUE FIGHTING. If you do not share the losses, after 2-3 big rallies, half of your battle members won’t be able to continue fighting and you will lose the war.
- 3. DO NOT SEND MORE THAN A FEW THOUSAND ARCHERS AND SIEGE TO A RALLY. EVER. ARCHERS AND SIEGE DO NOT GET KILLS IN A RALLY, YOUR CAVALRY AND INFANTRY WILL DO 90% OF THE WORK IN A RALLY, EVERY TIME. In VPG alliance, if someone sends only archers or siege to a rally, they get demoted immediately or booted from the alliance. Your Lord Skills and Armor should be set to strengthen Infantry and Cavalry. You will still need a few thousand Archers and Siege to have a balanced attack, but much less Archers and Siege than a normal attack.
- 4. Once you reach castle 30 and unlock Tier 10 Shield Infantry, you will want to start sending at least 10,000 Shield Infantry with every rally, instead of 5,000, just because your opponents will be much stronger than when you had a castle 22 or 26.
- As a Rule of Thumb, if you are fighting for the Throne Battle and trying to Occupy the Palace, you need to send DOUBLE the amount of Shield Infantry as you would to a normal Castle Rally.
To discuss Throne Battle Strategies and achieve victory as shown in the attached image, come join us in the VIP Forums or Live Chat group. We will answer any and all questions you may have.